O2 Business back Britain's Social Enterprises
Proudly announcing O2's commitment to support this innovative and inspiring sector.
It wasn't so long ago that 'doing good' and 'doing good business' were considered to be completely incompatible. But things have changed, and for the better.
These days, building your business around making the world fairer, safer, happier or greener doesn't just boost morale, it can boost your profile and your profits too.
This is the age of Social Enterprise, and O2 UK is welcoming it with open arms.
Building on our support for small businesses and start-ups, grants for local community projects and social initiatives and our pro-active role in environmental and child protection issues; backing the fast-growing Social Enterprise sector is a logical progression for us.
We want to do our bit to make things better for companies that are doing their bit to make things better for everyone.
Social Enterprise Facts:
- A Social Enterprise is a business that places social or environmental objectives equal to its financial ones
- 62,000 Social Enterprises currently contribute £24 billion to the UK economy
- 56% have shown growth through the downturn, compared to 28% of SMEs
- Celebrated examples include Jamie Oliver's Fifteen youth-training restaurant empire, Divine Fair Trade chocolate, Cornish eco-bubble The Eden Project and homeless-supporting magazine, The Big Issue
- Social Enterprises have more women in senior positions and are twice as confident of future growth as typical SMEs
- The Social Enterprise Mark, a new brand to help people recognise Social Enterprises, is being launched in February
- The Social Enterprise Ambassadors, 28 of the UK's leading ethical entrepreneurs are currently running a competition for aspiring social or environmental business start-ups, to pick their brains in one-on-one mentoring sessions
Over the next few months O2 will be unveiling a number of offers and initiatives to support and celebrate this fast-growing sector and showcase it to the rest of the world.
So whether you're already up and running as a Social Enterprise, feeling inspired to start one, or just want to find out more, make sure you're signed up to our business news and service updates and look out for future announcements online and in-store.
To register you interest email email@example.com
Find out more about Social Enterprise......